Wednesday, January 25, 2012

3 for 3

Yes, I am still here and no I have not given up!  In fact I am doing SO well!!!!  Woke up Monday early and EXERCISED!  Same Tuesday and same today!  I am 3 for 3... SO happy and MOTIVATED about that!  I'm feeling pretty good.  Kinda tired, but hello?  Alarm blaring at 5:30 every day would kill almost anyone, right?  But I am so happy I have 3 days under my belt.  YIPPEEEE!!!!!

And... I have been tracking every little thing I eat.  It is awesome to see where I am by the end of the day.  I'm eating healthy - really watching calories and fat.  And drinking at least 8 glasses of water every day.  My main focus is on lots of fruits and veggies, plus protein.  But I've ALWAYS been a snacker, so here are a couple of things I have found helpful so far in this healthy eating changeover...
 
 I get munchy hungry later in the evening - I've solved this with a 100 calorie bag of popcorn.


 I've also found that snacking on baby food helps curb my appetite AND gives me extra fruit and veggie servings.  I buy the pouch variety, so I just open it up and squeeze it all into my mouth, just like a gogurt.  I got this baby food snacking tip from Reece Witherspoon, and duh she looks amazing.
 
If I get a chocolate craving, I love the 100 calorie pack of fudge-shoppe cookies.  Just the perfect amount of sweet and crunch.  LOVE. 


I love flavored coffee.  The instant variety has only 60 calories per cup.  It's like heaven in a mug.
I also have found I really enjoy chai tea.  The bag itself only has 10 calories, but I can't drink it plain.  I add low fat non-dairy creamer (hazelnut flavor).  Again... bliss, especially when it was a snowstorm outside the other night.
And of course keeping track of it all on myfitnesspal.com is amazing.  
 And a little extra motivation for the day....

No comments:

Post a Comment