Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Rotten Day

Today is just no good.  I feel really down and bad about myself today.  I am tired, sluggish and just want to crawl back into bed.  I feel fat today.  I want to be skinny NOW.  I really am the most impatient person ever and I suspect that's why I continually fail at my diet/exercise attempts.  I don't get the results I want soon enough and I give up.  Logically I know how stupid that is, but I've never been very logical about my self image.  Years of abuse in my first marriage marred that and I'm not sure I will ever fully recover from how I felt about myself for so long.  I believed so many bad things about me...

I lost SO much weight when I got divorced.  It was liberating and I felt SO good!  I want that feeling back!  I want to look in the mirror and do a double take because the image I see is one to be proud of... it's skinny me!!!  Please come back skinny girl... come save me from myself!

I totally failed at my diet yesterday.  I was doing so well until I got home and had to deal with my kids.  It was too much and I lost it and ate food NOT included in a healthy eating plan... somehow a slice of pizza and a ding dong were consumed.  I went WAY over my allotted calories for the day - which wouldn't have been so bad, but I didn't exercise at all either.  NOT ONE BIT.  Grrrrr.......... (that's me growling at myself for not doing anything). 

SO.  Today is a brand new day and even though I feel like crap, I am resolved to eat well today and freaking exercise when I get home!  I have no excuse.  My kids go to their dad's tonight and my baby will nap.  I will tackle that damn treadmill when I get home.  And then reward myself with a hot relaxing bath after.  Ahhhhh....

No comments:

Post a Comment